dual monitor question

band-aid

Baseband Member
well I got my two monitors set up and stuff but i have a problem doing what i wanted to accomplish with them. I used the extend desktop onto this monitor option and it worked great. I want to be able to be playing counter-strike source on one screen and if i die, i want to be able to push the consol button and move my mouse off of that monitor onto the other one and be surfing the web. Everything works fine except when i open up my browser on my second monitor, it minimizes my game on the first monitor and vice versa. Is there a way I can prevent this? Thanks for any help.

ummm...i would say see if u can put the game in a windowed mode otherwise it will always do that

Ha, no I dont think so. I have dual 19" LCD Westinghouses, and it doesn't seem to work. I tried watching a movie while playing CSS once, and that half way worked, but when I started playin CSS, the other monitor (where the movie was on), started changing colors.

I have a feeling that your problem has to do with the OS. I don't think while in game you can switch to another program without minimizing the game because of the way it utilizes the mouse. When you run games, it takes over your system, unless your minimized.

Ill have to google that. I am sure many people have tried it.

ok thanks, the windowed mode is a good idea, i'll try that. I'll just maximize it. The only problem is my game tends to be a lot darker in windowed mode, even with the gamma all he way up. Is there a way to increase the gamma in CSS above 1.6 with like a consol command.

Back
Top Bottom