oh what will microsoft do next...

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/10684/Microsoft_Writes_Spyware_Bill

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/10684/Microsoft_Writes_Spyware_Bill said:
MICROSOFT WRITES SPYWARE BILL

Friday, April 21, 2006 - FreeMarketNews.com

Microsoft has written and is currently campaigning for spyware legislation that may end up giving software companies access to consumers? computers, according to the Oklahoma Gazette.

The bill, known as the Computer Spyware Protection Act, would impose heavy fines on any person or company that is caught accessing a computer without obtaining permission from the owner. However, once a computer user authorizes software updates and accepts a user?s agreement, the software will be allowed to do anything in order to detect or prevent illegal or fraudulent activity.

In other words, Microsoft will be allowed to install and run software that searches for pirated copies of Excel, Word, or any other pirated software and remove those programs if it could be considered fraudulent or illegal. Technically, software companies could go as far as tracking user behavior or scan through a computer?s hard drive to search for any type of illegal activity. For example if Microsoft scanned through a computer?s browser history and found out that someone plays poker online, they could notify authorities.

Proponents of the bill claim that it will protect computer users from spyware and hackers. However, privacy experts are criticizing the bill because they argue that it will give software companies the legal authority to take control over people?s computers.

staff reports - Free-Market News Network

Me and john have just been having a nice little chat about it, and we came to the conclusion that if your auto updates are off, and if you are protected, you will be ok.

Microsoft Suck! Someone design a new OS that is build around the Windows Kernal!

LMAO

/me watches crack relieased within 2 hours of the update...

If microsoft would feel the need to extragated me or w/e to America to face trail I could just as easly drop my American Citizenship if I didn't want to face the charges so i'm safe.

Frankly i've disabled auto-update feature or w/e and i'm just going wait for teh crack to stop this. Thats all.

dude, all you have to do is stop automatic windows updates and dont do them yourself, get spyware protection, and your good.

but why would you want to do this stuff if you have nothing to hide...lol

Nik00117 said:
LMAO

/me watches crack relieased within 2 hours of the update...

If microsoft would feel the need to extragated me or w/e to America to face trail I could just as easly drop my American Citizenship if I didn't want to face the charges so i'm safe.

Frankly i've disabled auto-update feature or w/e and i'm just going wait for teh crack to stop this. Thats all.
dude, microsoft has headquarters in germany too....

This is american based law, meaning it don't affect my country yet :)

I have a small media collection :)

Back
Top Bottom