Shutdown Issues

CherryPie

Beta member
Hey everyone. I've been browsing the net for a couple of days now, trying to find out how to fix my computer..basically, as of 3 days ago, it stopped shutting down with the Start > Turn Off Computer mode.

I don't know what's going on here...it worked fine, then bam...the thing just will not shutdown.

I've looked in my Power Option Properties and I can't find anything in there to fix the problem

can anyone help, or maybe give me an idea as to why this is happening, or how to fix it? I'd really appreciate it!!

King of Kings said:
id think its a system error,reinstall windows

Wowww, hold on, bit extreme man.

It must be some sort of virus. Do all the scans, and check in startup and running processes.

Also, use the sfc /scannow, if all that fails, try a repair.

I agree with joxley1990. Reinstalling is not always the answer. Run the scans from safe mode after turning of the system restore points.

Yeah, sometimes virus scanners can detect a virus/worm/trojan while in safe mode that they couldn't normally detect. Run Ad-aware as well, you might have some a bad case of spyware on your hands.

Well, I ran Spy Doctor twice, Windows Registry Repair twice, and McAfee Virus scan twice..it picked up all kinds of junk, but I'm still not able to shutdown, and I'm also not able to get into my Ctrl + Alt + Delete menu/ *sigh* I'm at a loss!

Back
Top Bottom