SATA and IDE on GA-7NPro2?

Poseidon1

Beta member
My first post here, and I must say I am a little overwhelmed! I searched for 9 pages before posting, so if someone has a link for me that would be GREAT!

Here is my dilema. I purchases a WD 250GB SATA HD last week, wanting to add it to my computer. My MB has a place for it to plug in, and BIOS sees it, BUT silly windows won't! I want to leave my current master/slave the same and just use this drive for storage.

What am I doing wrong? Why won't windows "See" my new hard drive?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I tried to, but I can't.

I downloaded a file from Gigabyte that I am supposed to use during setup. You know the old "press F6 to install 3rd party..." Problem is I get a unknown error on line 16 or something like that.

I don't think that formatting the drive would make a difference to Windows FINDING it though, using it maybe, but it should still see it there right?

So basically this drive is all connected, powered up, and SITTING in my computer unusable. I am almost thinking of getting a new MB and case and just trying to set this up as my Photo computer, but I really can't afford ALL the components right now. All I really want is more storage on my current PC, is that to much ro ask? ;)

Back
Top Bottom