2 questions

iplay4fun87

Baseband Member
First question is i already have a router. I now have a linksys wireless router too. I was wondering if i could plug it into my other router to get the internet. I have a linksys wirless card upstairs. I just hooked it up and it connects to something but the internet doesnt work. I hit connect again in a different window and it brings me to another screen. It then asks for a passphrase. I guess i need it?

First, you need to connect your wireless router to a computer. ... Under "Network key," enter the same passphrase you used for your router. I can't help you with the passsphase you'll have to figure what it was.

please reply to this topic and tell us If this informatoin help your situation. thank you

Hackslayer

ok what are you trying to do connect both throgh one router than connect both through a differnt router to the internet? personaly I would just connect both through the wiresless then have them connected to the internet

what router and wireless router are you using ?

so do you not remeber your passphrase ?

how bout do you even have wireless internet?

so wait. theres no way you can just have a router hooked up to a cable/dsl modem seperate from a computer, just lying around the house to have a network? It has to be connected to a computer? i've seen it done before

IM talking about having 2 routers. One you plug into the computer and one that is for the wirless. Can i plug one router into the other to get connectiong.

Also on my wirless card when i try to connect it says connected to access point but not the internet.

It can be done, but whats the point? Not trying to be rude or anything like that, just curious

Back
Top Bottom