Who Wants To Hear a Fun Story

english15x

BSOD
So anyways, for anyone who read about my virus on my computer possibly in a more recent post, I've got a great story. So anyways, I decided to reformat my computer, and me not knowing very well how to do that asked my friend who is in vo-tech school to come with me after school to help me out and get it sorted out. Anyways, we reformated, or partitioned it, whichever, and it was fine until we tried connecting to my cable modem. It said that the device had no driver and we tried everything, we started at 3:00 pm. Anyways as the night went on we kept trying, re-installing my OS. First two times, we used home edition SP1. Later on threw the night, we notice that the 1394 connection the computer was trying to recieve was a firewire connection in my computer. Anywho its about 10:30 now in the story and we went to walmart to look for a firewire to USB cable, I now know they dont make them. So we get back at about 11:00. We decided to rip out my ethernet card out of my old, old, old Dell and try to put it in the PCI slot on my computer. Figures out it worked and we tried to work on this thing for about a good solid 8 hours, i guess my integrated ethernet adaptor in my computer was a lil fried. anywho i guess that wasnt a funny story, but only to me a my frustration after 3 reformats now i have XP pro SP2 and i got it for free.

Yeah didn't think to install your motherboard drivers did ya? They have the onboard integrated ethernet adaptor drivers.

actually it was my network card, its integrated to the mobo, so i ripped out my old pci one and put it in.

ya installing the motherboard drivers is needed to make the ethernet ports work...its the first thing i do after i reformat...

I dont need to in XP for some reason, my drivers must be intergrated.

But yeah, always do drivers straight after re-format.

i tried that out. didnt work at all

trust me 8 hours of trying everything with my friend

it wasnt on there. my internet only worked when i installed a new network card

Back
Top Bottom