Power Power Power

english15x

BSOD
I'm a lil stumped on my power supply situation. I'm looking for the apropriate power supply for my soon-to-be PC. I was wondering if i should go all out on a 600W or if maybe a 450W is good enough. Possibly if someone could tell me what brand also.

I was going to buy a this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148024

it had good reviews and it was 600W for $94. I just need some help please. I have everything for my new cpu listed here.

Lian Li PC-65B case
2x NEC 16x DVD burners 3550A
WD raptor 150GB , 10,000 RPM ATA
ASUS A8N5X Socket 939 Nvidia nforce 4 AMD m/b
HIS. Radeon X1900XT 512 MB PCIx
Corsair XMS 2GB (2x 1GB sticks) DDR SDRAM
AMD 64 X2 4400 cpu
creative sound blaster x-fi pci sound card

thanks for your help !

I'd get 550W or more. And for the brand I'd go with Antec, though there are alot of other good ones too.

Fortron AX-500A hands down. Nothing can beat it in its price range. Or get a OCZ Powerstream 520.

With all that stuff, i would go for something thats 550-650 watts. I have one thats BFG but theres alot more thats better.

Wattage isnt everything. Really, the OCZ is one of the best single 12V rail psus out there boasting 34A on the 12V rail. The people that rate FSP powersupplies are very humble and the AX-500A is no exception. It will handle a lot of stress and is very efficient let alone quiet.

With the way things are going, you'd be much better off to get the 600W power supply. All those graphic intense cards are sucking up power like crazy nowadays...:)

And oh yeah, i would go with a different 600W PSU cause the 12V amps are a little low. There are much better ones out there. I would also recommend one by OCZ, those are top notch!

ownage said:
Fortron AX-500A hands down. Nothing can beat it in its price range. Or get a OCZ Powerstream 520.

I second that. With the setup you're planning, you'll need AT LEAST 500w. That X1900 will suck up power like no other. :p But yeah, the Fortron (FSP Group) AX-500A Blue Storm is awesome. For about $98-$99 you get a quality PSU with cables pre-sleeved and with EZ-Molex grips that comes factory installed. :D

if those are your two choise i would go all out with 600W i mean you might as well because soon EVERYONE will have to upgrade their computers if you want to do some serious gaming if that what your into

Back
Top Bottom