What is Intel Viiv?

Well the whole point of a HTPC is for multimedia use. What better OS is there than Windows Media Center Edtion 2005? I guess if you were to build a Viiv or Live! compatible system, then you don't have to use Windows MCE 2005, but then it would contradict the whole point of doing it.

So it comes with the remote control too or is that an accessory? I'm thinking the Windows MCE has special software that XP Home or Pro doesn't have that may affect the multimedia output.

Yeah, normally it comes with a remote, but alot of MCE computers are pre-built, so they have the remote infrared built in, but if you buy a motherboard with an infrared port, you can build a perfect MCE computer.

I dont want to buy the remote though, it'll just get lost.

TRDCorolla said:
So it comes with the remote control too or is that an accessory? I'm thinking the Windows MCE has special software that XP Home or Pro doesn't have that may affect the multimedia output.

Well MCE is really just Windows XP Pro with the Media Center suite/program included. It also supports infrared remotes I think...

well, ArrizX, you always have the power to edit it cuz its your job! :p And Viiv is something to get when you want a good HTPC and get Media Edition while you are it.

ViiV is a tag that Intel uses to see if the hardware passed for being a Media Center PC.

Back
Top Bottom