difference between socket and slot cpus?

Slot processor..dont think so..well mine dont..

Sorry about quality, just took a snap on my phone.

They do so need cooling. My PIII 733 get SOO freakin' hot! It actually was cooled by the PSU's fan in the original case, but now I had to strap a fan to it because it was getting close to overheating...

Now some of the OLD ones might be ok without a fan. But I mean my old PII266 and dad's PII350 both have fans

joxley1990 - There is a place for a HS on that processor. I know many old ones could run without a heatsync and/or fan, but many did reccomend it.

I suppose, thats at 250ish Mhz, and does get a little hot, but not too hot..

I think that fan from the PSU did cool it a little, but they can survive without..

I remember those. I use to have the original Athlon using the Slot A. They don't necessarily have to be fan cooled directly like the CPUs these days, but most PC do have some sort of cooling for it. They don't use heatsinks like the socket CPU we use. They have air ducts that goes from the slot CPU to the side of the case or however your system routes the air. I had a huge 120mm fan that did that.

slot processors are like a sound card. A processor on a PCB that plugs into a slot. Can it get any simplier? :p

Back
Top Bottom