Gallery: Your Workstation

joeskow said:
I'm not mad just upset. I don't think Dell has any buisness being in the high end gaming area. Their XPS lines stunk(except for the laptops) so thay went and did the next best thing, buy the competion(in that area).

The XPS isn't that bad. The XPS Renegade is pretty savage with it's Intel Pentium Extreme Edtion 965 processor clocked at 4.2ghz (or was it more?) and it's GeForce 7800 GTX's in Quad SLI configuration. That setup can run on Dell's 3007WFP on it's native resolution with AA and AF maxed out in games. Their Insprion XPS M1710 notebook is pretty damn good too, with it's Intel Core Duo T2600 processor clocked at 2.13ghz and GeForce Go 7900 GS 256mb or 7900 GTX 512mb. :D

Well now you can expect Dell to improve their XPS line by learning things from Dell, and you can expect to see Alienware to come out with some competitvely priced gaming systems for all budget segments. Because, before Dell bought them out, they were just WAY too expensive for the average joe. Now they can come out with some nice systems that are priced at a right area just for that segment. It's called marketing strategy. ;)

Dell is aweful always has always will. they do a horrible job putting the hardware together and the amount of trial software, demos, and other garbage is a disgrace. and their customer service is horrendus(not that I need it), but who wants some person from a third world country telling them how to repair their PC?

Dell isn't that bad. You get used to it...my school library is all full of Dell Optiplexes, so I've gotten used to Dell. They're not bad. I kinda like the keyboard they provide now too...pretty nice.

Well, the only reason you like those, is because almost littereally only the OS is on it. So there is nothing bogging it down. Other then like Photoshop, and other school progs. But really, they run off the school servers. My computer lab is the same way.

Well yeah, they trim everything down with TweakUI. It's so then you can't access anything you're not supposed to.

I have my ways with my computer at school.

Never heard of that program either. Ill have to check it out.

Heres my setup.
1cd5.jpg
7103.jpg

c714.jpg
d790.jpg

67d3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom