Intel Celeron M 3.0GHz Beats AMD Athlon 64 FX-60

Jeeze I'm just full of misinfo today ownage. :( My apologies once again.

In either case, when you overclock a Conroe you'll get a much greater increase in peroformance then you would if you were to overclock on Netburst. As Netburst is 'high overclock, little performance, high voltage' and the Conroe is, 'Small overclock, high performance, little voltage. So, with this architecture, we can expect a much greater performance increase when you overclock.

An interesting thing to see will be how the K10 Architecture fairs with overclocking and power consumption. :)

yeah, AMD is coming out with K8L which in my opinion, will just be able to keep up with Conroe. I doubt it will be a whole new architecture from stratch just like Core, K8L will probably modify the current K8 architecture to improve things while they come out with K9.

K9 will be sweet. Hopefully we can see the true potential of the X2 series once they come out sporting that architecture. Currently the K8 architecture is dying, once Conroe and it's family hits the shelves, bye bye K8! However, when K9 comes out, it might put up a fight, or even surpass Intel. In either case, I think that the CPU industry is really going for sheer performance this time around.

With lower power consumption and much better overclocking capability then previous CPUs, things are goign to get interesting. It will be nice to see what kind of DDR2 memory will come out once AMD goes DDR2 here within the next month. What can we expect RAM frequencies to reach? 1.3Ghz? Or still at 1GHz?

the max RAM frequency ive seen is DDR2-1100 using Micron D9 Fatbodies. Too bad Fatbodies are dicontinued. Elipedia chips are very nice too. Very close to D9.

Back
Top Bottom