Just a Rant

Ford.

If by
MikeReiner said:
The car I drive, car my mom drives, and my dads truck are all taken care of and maintained regularly to ensure it has no real problems.
you mean that it has to be brought to a mechanic every month to make sure its not going to crap out on you, then i geuss thats an ok way of doing things.

I dont like having to keep up on things, i think that when things are bought for 10 20 or 30 thousand damn dollars you shouldnt have deal with all the little crap that happens with fords, its rediculous.

I have had my car (saturn SL1) for 4 years, and the last time i had to do ANYTHING, was 2 years ago (replace a fuse :p) when i say anything, im including ANYTHING, even basic maintenence that would be regular with a ford car, like said above, the trucks are pretty good, but for some reason, when they try to put an engine in anything smaller than a full size elephant, they have problems. LOL

Im sorry, but this "Buy American" Trend because of 9/11 is just getting rediculous, i would rather have a car that is:

A. Good on gas mileage.
B. Dont need to maintain constantly.
C. Dont have to worry about bringing it to a mechanic for a "regular checkup"

I have come to expect that from saturn or any import car, Ford on the other hand...

Ford is okay. American cars don't have anything on European or Japanese cars. Nothing.

Because they figure Americans will know how to work on cars. We had a GM Oldsmoblie 1989. We had ONE MAJOR PROBLEM, a crackshaft sensor and that was about over 15 years of daily USE. Which is considered alright. However crytal truly sucks their transmissions crap out at I believe 20k miles. And when I say crap out I mean you got very little notice its coming you'll just be driving int eh 20k range and puff your stuck.

Lac3y said:
GT.jpg

I rest my case.

The engines on those blow up like balloons at a carnival. Any one can throw a baaaad lookin body with a horrible engine underneath. Its like overclocking, you probobly could overclock a 1.2 pentium III to 2.8, but you would only get a good 20 seconds out of it. :rolleyes:

its things like the old fiesta, scorpio, cars like that which have given them a bad name...

i love the ford trucks... gotta get me one of those some time, in a few years...

Our past three trucks have been Fords, and one lasted a long time compared to my cousins' Dodge.. Not saying there's anything wrong with Dodge trucks.

UK31337 said:
Fords are bad.

The available Ford range in the UK absolutely sucks (horrible interior, cheap plastic, crap driving experience) - the only good one is the Mondeo, which makes you look like some bank executive or young mum with too much money.

The Ford Explorer (which we can't get here, thank God) has a worse fuel economy and produces more pollution than the original Model T. Not impressive, considering how far engine technology has come in 100 years.
I have had six Fords over 21 years; 1984 to 2005; Orion 1.6, Sierra 2.0, Sierra 2.0, [different model] Mondeo 1.6, Mondeo 1.8, Mondeo 2.0, [new shape] , all English Fords, manufactured in Germany, then changing tack, I got a VW Passat 2.0, last year I bought an Audi Avant 2.0.
What I am saying is that out of all those Fords, there was only one that gave me trouble, a Mondeo with minor problems, so in spite of changing to another marque, I can look back on my "Ford fest" with fondness, if that's the right term.

Back
Top Bottom