What's your fav. format and bitrate for audio?

xile543 said:
Okay let me explain. a bit rate like somebody else said is how much information is encoded on that file highering or lowering quality depending on what bit rate you encode to. I choose a 192 bit rate with my songs because to me even though it's not, it's clear enough to be cd quality. Alot of people choose 128 as their bit rate because you can fill your music device with more songs being it's a smaller file taking up less space, but I'm not to fond of that. I think anything below 128 or higher than 192 is just a waste of space(192+) or too fuzzy to listen too(12:cool:. As for what formats. Either mp3 or AAC is good. I choose mp3 over AAC because mp3 is more appliable to programs and tools, but AAC is known for better quality.
I personally like mp3 as well.

badninja3 said:
in america, its pronounced "raising".
I fail to see your point.

I didn't know if AAC was known for better quality. I haven't done enough research in that format, but even if it was, MP3 has clearly become the leader, and so its best to have your music encoded in that.

I also believe that 192 holds the best quality vs space factor, but you might notice if you have a higher bitrate file, more bass is encoded which can be useful if you have a player with not much bass response.

I tihnk he was just correcting english.

OGG:

As for you GeekGal, OGG is simply a form of audio compression, that actually doesn't compress the file all that much...
Its smaller than a WAVE file that'd offer no compression and so ideal if you want completly uncompressed tracks, but it also uses up ALOT more battery power.
Only a few MP3 players support OGG for this reason.

Plus, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference up to a certain point. Least not without using an audio graph to find out whats missing from an MP3 compared with an uncompressed form.

I like mp3 and my average bitrate is between 128 and 192kbps. I've some .m4a and mp4 files though.

Back
Top Bottom