Real fast, XP OS question

Half Evil

Golden Master
Windows Xp Home, or Windows Xp Professional. Both SP2.

So, what one is faster, what one do you guys prefer, is either one of them bigger in size? Ect..

Id just like overall input, because I got a new Home disk to reformat, but my brother gave me a Professional disk. So yeah, I can use either, lol

Windows Home edition is a lot bigger than windows professional, It has a lot more dll's hence making it a lot more vunerable to attacks as well.

All these extra files gives home edition a lot more stuff to load hence making is slower and bigger. Professional is a lot better, but for gaming home is a lot better... but honestly for home use and stuff, you wont notice much of a difference, only if your going to be doing networking, pro has more options..

Hmm.. Well, Pro has better security? Sounds great.. Ill definetly take that into consideration.

But what extra stuff does home have on it. Because it seems like it would be Vice Versa.

Pro seems to carry a lot of extra junk you will never use. I'd go with home, but go with Pro if you want.

lol its actually the other way around, home has a lot more junk working away in the background that your really not ever gonna need and it uses system resources.

Pro has a lot more administrative capabilites compareed to home. Its a better version of XP

Aright, I guess ill just use that I guess. Unless someone has a reason as to why I shouldnt.

Thanks nat :D

Depends on what your going to be using your comp for.. Go with home if you could do without the extra stuff.. but as Natalya says home has more junk than pro, lol, go with pro.

Well, neither system does. But windows has a 64 bit edition out.

Anyways, I dont know why home does. But I think im going with pro. Seems like a just overall better decision.

Back
Top Bottom