What's your fav. format and bitrate for audio?

xile543

Solid State Member
I personally like mp3 encoded CBR 192 Normal Stereo. AAC is a good format, but it is not accesible with other programs like making movies or audio editing tools.

Well doesnt turning up the kbps good if you turn up the volume a lot?

Yeah me too at MP3, 192kbps.

And the volume doesn't matter no. Its how much information is being encoded. With alot of music, you won't tell a difference anyway after a certain point since there isn't that much range in the frequency of the music.

Dance for example copes very well with lower bitrates.

Im not sure for Audio, what others have said ^ but what if you go lower than that number, what really happens?
Is it like a mjeg(cant get the right name for it) but Videos mpj? or something when it lose the pixles, does the audio just play like it was buffing or something?

All the music formats confuse me, theres so many of them and thats just for audio like .wavs and etc etc, then theres movie/videos like .iso and all..

Btw can anyone explain to me why ogg is used? I dont see the point to it..

Dev0115 said:
Well doesnt turning up the kbps good if you turn up the volume a lot?

What do you mean by that?

Like doesnt the song stay clear if you have the kbps up to like 320. Like it wouldnt distort when you blast it...ehh I dont know im just asking a question.

Okay let me explain. a bit rate like somebody else said is how much information is encoded on that file highering or lowering quality depending on what bit rate you encode to. I choose a 192 bit rate with my songs because to me even though it's not, it's clear enough to be cd quality. Alot of people choose 128 as their bit rate because you can fill your music device with more songs being it's a smaller file taking up less space, but I'm not to fond of that. I think anything below 128 or higher than 192 is just a waste of space(192+) or too fuzzy to listen too(12:cool:. As for what formats. Either mp3 or AAC is good. I choose mp3 over AAC because mp3 is more appliable to programs and tools, but AAC is known for better quality.

xile543 said:
Okay let me explain. a bit rate like somebody else said is how much information is encoded on that file highering or lowering quality depending on what bit rate you encode to. I choose a 192 bit rate with my songs because to me even though it's not, it's clear enough to be cd quality. Alot of people choose 128 as their bit rate because you can fill your music device with more songs being it's a smaller file taking up less space, but I'm not to fond of that. I think anything below 128 or higher than 192 is just a waste of space(192+) or too fuzzy to listen too(12:cool:. As for what formats. Either mp3 or AAC is good. I choose mp3 over AAC because mp3 is more appliable to programs and tools, but AAC is known for better quality.
in america, its pronounced "raising".

Back
Top Bottom