Sempron for gaming?

Thanx everyone for the help. Thanx logan for the link, that's pretty cheap. Yeah, i told him he might have to upgrdade down the road, maybe an athlon 64. I dont think he's really thinking of using his vid card for games that really stress the card, mostly counter strike and star wars games. And as for socket 939 semprons, i think a found a link of a review to them http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/sempron-3000.html

Ask your friend if he could wait just one more month or so, and while hes at it he could start saving becuase AM2 will b released! AMD has moved the official launch date of Athlon 64 DDR2 up two weeks to May 23, 2006.

Scythe said:
Ask your friend if he could wait just one more month or so, and while hes at it he could start saving becuase AM2 will b released! AMD has moved the official launch date of Athlon 64 DDR2 up two weeks to May 23, 2006.
Nah AM2 doesent look so promising

AM2 sounds like a waste of money. All it's going to do is usher in faster CPUs. DDR2 does not seem to be special on am2 at all. Guess my computer wont be all that obsolete after all.

hm, I dont think my friend would be interested with the AM2, i might though, what it's going to have that'll make it so speacial? would i notice a difference in gaming. I might get one once the prices drop.

pinkbandit1 said:
My friend is planning to get a video card soon, probably an Nvidia 6800gs or a 7600gt. Then thing is he has an AMD Sempron. Would it effect the performance at all? is it worth buying a video card with that processor. it's an AMD 2800 or 3200, i forget.

Get a good 30 dollar CPU cooler, make sure it runs with Semprons, and overclock it about 400MHz. It shouldn't bottleneck it too bad after that. WHat's the speed on that baby?

Yeah, the 3000+ is an excellent cpu, and it's so cheap... Overclock that sucker to like 2.5ghz and wham, gaming CPU with enough power to run any game with good performance.

Back
Top Bottom