Finally Gonna Do It!

yes, you will have to install from a cd, just like you would a windows install. so make sure you make the drive you want have a name or something that you can easily identify the partition by. size or whatever it may be, because you will whipe out your windows if you choose the wrong partition

*Edited*

Here is a good how-to on dual booting linux/windows.

http://www.geocities.com/epark/linux/grub-w2k-HOWTO.html

see if that might help

Thanks dude, i really appreciate all the help, i got to go get some cd's! lol, ill prolly be on here with some more questions. :D

Sure no prob, ask away ask away. im sure there are some other linux junkies here as well that would be more than willing to help.

email address was removed. if you need it again, send me a private message.

Alright, i installed the OS and im at the user nobody, what do i have to do to get to the GUI? Any commands i should nescessarally absolutely know to use all the time?

The only distrobution of Linux that I have actually used was Fedora Core, although Ubuntu looked good, but I never got around to downloading it. From what i hear however, Ubuntu is really nice and easy to use. Personally when I used Fedora Core 4, although I have Fedora Core 5 downloaded and burned to a DVD, I'd personally suggest it. I liked it, it was basically Windows, if not faster and much more options. The only downfall is the fact that it can't play games.

However there is a Windows emulation program called Wine. You may want to give that a try. :)

Back
Top Bottom