DCOM98 error with Blackberry Desktop Manager

Nikki

Beta member
Before I pull my hair out I was hoping someone could help me out. I run Windows XP home edititon on my computer. I had some viruses/spyware and the place I took it to wiped my system and reinstalled XP for me. When I reloaded the Desktop Manger 4.1 (most current version) software for my Blackberry, the software seemed to install properly but when I click on the icon to run the program it gives me an error message saying I need Microsoft DCOM98 version 1.3 or higher to run the program, and that I can get it off Microsoft.com. I tried to download that and then it gives me a message which pretty much says "You idiot, you run XP and this is for 98, you don't need this". I even tried to install the software right from the providers website and I got the same message. I am able to connect my Blackberry to other computers just fine.

Why does it hate me?

Nikki

When you went looking for the Microsoft DCOM98. Did you check and see if there is MicrosoftDCOMXP which may be designed for XP.

BTW.. welcome to the forum.. :p

Thanks, I did. Lots of the pages on Microsofts website talk about it and what DCOM is used for, but when I did a search for dcom98xp it didn't turn anything up. It talks about dcom and xp, but there were no downloads.

That is the user manual for my blackberry. I searched the document and couldn't find dcom98.

Wow, I figured it out.

I just had to go into properties/compatibility. The box for "run this program in compatibility mode for windows 95" was checked. I unchecked it and it worked!

Sigh

Thanks all anyway

Back
Top Bottom