RootKits

uid=[0] said:
Not Found
The requested URL /callfo...3.shtml was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
because I copied and pasted the links rather than quoting them, (note the ... in the URL) they are the links from the above posts,
The reason I meantioned them specifically is because they were not links to root kit removers, rather links to information about a specific companies DRM software rootkits,
the links on the pages that they went to are already in the sticky in the security section.

ummm lets see if i can explain it well enough so that it can be understood without too much complexity.

A rootkit, is exactly what it is called. "Root" being the highest level Administrator on any pc. Primarily "root" is used in the linux/unix world, however same holds true on a windows box. a rootkit is designed for the looser who is using it, to somehow or another gain "root" access to the targeted system. it works by infecting all running processes and turning them into slaves to keep it simple. From that point they can do many things. spam, download and run trojans, or any other app designed to.

not sure if that answered the question or not. but let me know if not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

to add to this.

they are not detected as a virus, because they are not. they are much more complex than a "normal" virus. and most of them run, do what they are ment to do, then erase their tracks and delete themselves so that they cannot be detected as easily. some antispyware software can now detect them, however they are not fool proof. most rootkits are very "advanced"

Back
Top Bottom