Intel Xeon to P4 comparason

You wouldn't notice any difference with a 200MHz difference between the frequencies. However, the Pentium 4 will blow the Xeon out of the water when it comes to gaming. But if you're running Guild Wars, then you won't notice any difference at all as the game isn't demanding nor is it CPU intensive. Which if you think about it, is actually quite nice. You can Alt Tab between Guild Wars, MP3s, FireFox/Inter Explorer, and various other programs, in which case the Xeon will be a better choice because it handles thigns liek that much better. It's designed to do that.

Although a Pentium 4 might be able to do the same thing as well. Who knows, in either case, a Xeon is a CPU you won't ever have to shut off or restart, it's like the Energizer Bunny, just keeps going and going. :)

..and going and going..

But, I mean, firstly, ill need a new graphics card. Because id be running GW in a window, and then do all that stuff, lol. But, I think an Xeon, would also perform just fine for me when runnning like, Area 51, CSS or Hl2. I mean, im not looking for top of the line performance, just slightly better then normal. And my current CPU isnt really doing that. I mean it performs great, but like, some times it laggs, and just does weird stuff.

If a new GPU is what you want, consider the 7300GS, linked with 1GB of RAM it's a beast. You can play F.E.A.R on maximum settings with it, which is an incredible feat considering it's price and performance specs. The card uses a Turbo Cache to communicate from the video RAM (GDDR2) and to system memory (DDR or DDR2). With the ability to have that Turbo Cache is can quickly send/recieve data, which is why it can perform so nicely, although, don't expect to get Maxmimum settings on a high resolution, it's meant for low res, such as 800x600, but, if you want eye-candy, might as well play at 800x600 anyways.

In either case, a Xeon coupled with a 7300GS will be very nice. :)

Yeah, but if I get a Gcard, im not seeing a processor any time soon. I mean the board is damn near 200, along with the processor just over 200, and like a 160 Gcard. *sigh*. And this damn job that ive been signed on for two weeks, hasnt even trained me. So its gonna be a while..

Well, upgrades aren't cheap. You'll need to spend money to get good results. and besides, pending on if you have PCI-Express or not, then you won't have a problem. A 7300GS will do you fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom