limited or no connectivity...

inf3ct10nz3r0

Solid State Member
anyways.. i was playing quake one day, and it was lagging so i quit the game and decided to do something else. i clicked on IE and no web page showed. so i repaired the local area connection thing, and it said limited or no connectivity. i couldnt fix it no matter what i did so i reinstalled windows on a new hd, but the same problem still occurs. if i connect the modem to a different computer though, the internet works... what do i do???

hit the window key and the pause/break key at the same time...click hardware, click device manager, then look for network adapters. Make sure your nic is installed. If you dont see it in there , check other devices.

Power-cycle the modem before you hook it up to your old computer with the fresh install. Limited connectivity means that your network card is asking for an IP address, but nothing will give it one, so it assigns itself an IP address, and gives you that message. If you can just jump online on the other computer as soon as it's hooked up to the modem, try the suggestion before you go back to the one your getting the error with.

i get this with my home network, had it a few times. what ive found sorts it is. pulling out my hub, ntl cable modem, leaving them both off for a minute or two, then back on.
even re installing the internet connection details could help as well in your case.
i re done the network setup wizard with a new computer name and changed the workgroup etc.

Back
Top Bottom