iPod Video or Creative Vision:M?

sam_malone

Solid State Member
So which should I get?
I've heard great things about both, but the V:M has about double the battery life for movies and supports a wider variety of file types, whereas the iPod has the superior controls and interface.

Any suggestions?
Right now I'm leaning towards the Creative one.

Go with the Creative Vision:M. You'll be glad you did.
Sure, the iPod has the click wheel, but please keep in mind that Creative DID patent the user interface found in iPods and Creative players (considering that Creative did make the first HDD based MP3 player with that interface).

"whereas the iPod has the superior controls and interface."

I don't agree with that. For one thing, the interface is almost exactly the same and both arent hard :p

For sound, I'd also say the Creative Zen Vision M, if you've done an update to improve MP3 quality which is easily done with a firmware update.

I have to say though, both players don't offer enough sound controls to keep me happy.
Both on full bass levels will distort any headphones your happening to wear, but there are happy mediums you tend to be happy with.

If you are a dance, Trance fan though, the levels of bass achievable, though satisfactory depending on the cones you have, aren't amazing.

If you are looking for a sound player capable of this, look for a player with extra sound technology built in, like for example Iaudio players Mach3Bass, which is truely amazing, from the technology of sound BBE.

www.iaudio.com

For an example of BBE and its counterparts, go here:

http://www.bbesound.com/

A player with this feature sounds amazing!

there are also other alternatives, like players with WOW sound like Windows Media Player, and they are good too.

But yeah, standard Bass/Treble/EQ balancers don't really do it for me. An excellent sound add on though, included within this is what makes the difference.

Creatives Bass Boost has the same effect as a high EQ but with low treble and muddy bass which is best left switched off.
Mac3bass on Iaudio players though for example have punchy bass with Mach3 bass and the M3L kept me happy for ages.

I am happy with my Creative Zen Vision M though definietly. It just isn't what I'd call, the perfect player. Though sound quality in terms of overal sound is impeccable.

my friend has the vision: M and my other friend has the ipod. the screen on the ipod is bigger, but the vision: M is better.

The screen sizes are the same. Put them right next to each other...2.5" is universal. But yes, the Zen Vision:M does have a sharper screen and more color support.

Yeah, I also love the way on the sound options on the Ipod, theres a long list of equaliser presets, yet, no Custom one to make one yourself, or at least, there didn't seem to be.

Creative just give you a few and then go, right theres a custom, make your own. I prefer that.

Sorry but heres why the Video ipod is better.

ITUNES
ITUNES
ITUNES

I had a Zen Visioin M for a short while and i was constantly frusterated at the difficulty of managing my music from creative media source, songs would not go on without any explanation why, the labelling was ridiculous and it was hard to read and understand. Itunes is the best music management program there currently is and its so clear and easy to use, just drag and drop files from limewire if you have downloaded music like I do.

Plus the format thing hardly matters when you consider all of the converters on the market for FREE.

I ought to mention the click wheel because its soooooo much better.

hey but if your just getting one and you dont know which to get this is actually the best option.

http://dynamism.com/gigabeat-s/main.shtml
Dynamism.com - Toshiba Gigabeat S Series
a bit more pricy but worth it.

I do have to agree with you. THe Creative software is kinda picky about how it works... :(

Then don't use it. I just use Windows Media Player, because it's easy to use and integrated. I personally dislike iTunes...it's not that great and it's somewhat overrated. Haha, the iPod fanboy always resorts to the Click Wheel as a reason why the iPod is awesome. :rolleyes: Please, spare me that crap.

Oh wow...Toshiba completely revamped and revised the Gigabeat. The Gigabeat S is pretty nice...I like how the GUI is like Windows Media Center. :D I remember the first Gigabeat...looked interesting, until reviews came in about how horrible Toshiba's software was and how horrible the GUI was. It's a bit too pricey, but it's interesting. I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

Yeah the Gigabeat S seems to have some good features going for it.

I think it only supports WMV though for video. I may be wrong, but since its a Microsoft system, it makes sense.

I also have to agree about the Creative Zen Visions software, but once all your musics on, doesn't really matter.

Back
Top Bottom