Which one would you prefer and why, Fan or Water cooling?

I think in an ideal world we would all like watercooling but, theoretically, the added cooling benefit is non-essential and somewhat conditional to various applications. In other words, if you think less noise, and added cooling would be beneficial to your...sit-u-a-shone, then water cooling is the way to go, otherwise, because air/fan cooling is just so much cheaper and less of a hassel AND tends to still do a reasonable job at cooling your hardware components a person could be better off with just fan cooling.

Personally if you have the cash go with water. But this is my opinion. Good air cooling can keep idle temps down but when you put a load on your processor water will keep it much cooler, ecspecialy while overclocked. Plus it just looks really cool if you use 1/2" tubing.

uid=[0] said:
Yea i know, its from them trying to hard to run notepad, it puts alot of load on them :D

It appears to me you're a bit of a smart aleck. Better simmer down or you won't like what happens next. I assure you.

yeah i guess water cooling seems perfect for the job of maintaining a cooler temperature against overclocked cpus and video cards. Thanks for the *cough* simple explanation and feedback. Happy PC Gaming everyone! Cant wait till AM2 comes out! AMD ownes INTEL.

its a general assumption that water cooling is "silent" I gurantee you that it isnt. You still need airflow going through your case to cool the HDDs, MOSFETS, and other components. You also need fan(s) for the radiator, there are radiators that like CFM >80 and others with CFM <80. Its not entirely silent. There is also noise from the pump

Back
Top Bottom