Need a new graphics gard

Explorer1985

Beta member
Hello computerforums.

I have a quick question and need some advice please
My Ati radeon 9500pro just died this morning and I need to buy a replacment card but don't have much £££.
I'm looking at a nVidia GeForce 6200 it seems realy cheap, is this shown in it's performance.
I've read a little about the GeForce 6200, it seems pretty decent but I don't really how it would compare to my broken radeon 9500pro.

Would a nVidia GeForce 6200 be a good replacment for me, any other suggestions on what card I should get will be appriciated too.
Thanks

the 6200 is quite a bad card.
I'd get atleast a 6600GT, it can play all current games fine, but u will have to play some games with lower detail levels. And it doesn't cost too much. (maybe around $100)

If u can spend more then a 6800GS would be great, but they cost around $200 so it might be too expensive for u.

Ive got a 6200 PCI-e in my computer cupboard lol, it cant game to save its life, its awful, its good for everything else, just not gaming, evan on low settings.

Yeah, the 6200 isnt worth it, try saving up and buy something like a 7800GTOC or if you have something thats around $250 the 7600GTOC would be perfect because of its Core clock speed which is 580 MHz and memory speed of 1.45GHz. Ther both PCI-e and they both support SLi :p

Get atleast a 6600GT, it comes in both AGP and PCI-E flavors. It will handle any game out there right now with a moderate performance-quality ratio.

The 6200 is horrible, steer clear. I think it might even be inferrior to the 9500.

Back
Top Bottom