Motherboard + Memory Compatability

aowen416 said:
That ram isn't the greatest. Id go with some OCZ, much faster.

Ok, hand me the money. This is the best I can do under my budget.

If I had the kind of money to go all out on a pc to the point it would actually be worthwhile to get 2.0 cas memory, I probably wouldn't be getting an Amd64 3200+, not to mention a 7600GT. 2.0 cas on such a system would be completely wasteful.

The Amish Kid said:
I would try asking on their forums if anyone has had problems with that motherboard and using G. Skill memory.

I'll do that.

go to www.dfi-street.com and ask those fellas. There are guys from all over the world there, who are incredible with their knowledge on compatibility. It is actually a DFI forum, but I bet someone would know something about it. Good luck.

Oh yeah, I have 2 gig of G.Skill, not the same model and make that you have, or the same speed. But, the memory is good for overclocking. G.Skill specifically makes their RAM modules for people who want to overclock. So, if you aren't going to OC, don't bother. The reason the stock speeds are so low, is because they make them to have room for OC'ing. It is actually very very good RAM. They have been tested by some of the best OCers in ASIA.

Well, using the memory at normal speeds and not overclocking should be perfectly fine. And all things considered, 2x1gb for $140 with 2.5 cas is a good deal.

It should work fine with MSI mobos. I havent heard any problems with G.Skill. G.Skill make some of the best RAM on the market right on. On par with OCZ and Mushkin.

Mushkin memory is quite good as far as I can tell. My dad has a 1 gb stick of ddr3200 mushkin in his pc. Been solid as a rock for about 8 months now. (thats when it was built)

and Mushkin has some AWESOME deals on D9 fatbodies for you DDR2 people. PM me for more info. (inventory may vary)

Back
Top Bottom