Sure are a lot of guests

~K-Pow~ said:
I see there's over 200 guests on the site, are these mostly bots or is it people just viewing the site???

Come on guests, join the site and add your knowledge to the communitiy
Good idea i think I was a guest earlier lol

Frankly the occasinical new memebr joing thats great. But I'd honsetly hate to see hundreds of extermely active posters join and began posting like mad poeple. Forums would get cluddered and slow and yea. I believe slow, stable growth is good. I was a guest as well. I posted a bit here and there, but I came back everday. Evenutally I decided to come into the social louge and see what it was like. I knew full while If I went into the social lounge it'd be main place on the forum. And it was on so many other countless forums I go in for the issue that I want I get it fixed but slowly, I get involved more and more and get into the social forum and stuff and then i'm hooked. Only forum that i've really quit out of the 4 major ones i'm involved in one was a fish forum. Thats mainly because I got tried of taking care of fish. I was a active member of that. This one merchantempires.com and 1000ad.net. Then i'm a member of wannabebig.com or somthing a weight lifting forum and a bitorent forum and thats about it.

Computer forums is my main one atm.

uid=[0] said:
that it would. AH! got an idea! "For new members who sign up today, you get to use the forum!" LOL :D
Superfluous, I reckon new members know that already.

Bots= search robots. Google, MSN, Yahoo let the bots loose to roam the internet. When a search item is requested the bot that finds a match phones home. It gives where it found the matching info and that is added to the matching items in the list you see.
However too many bots on a site will reduce the responce time of the forum thusly causing a slowdown. We resort from time to time giving them a txt message to look at which keeps them out of the forum and from causing any problems.

Back
Top Bottom