What are your computing habbits

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
What are your computer habits? I mean I need to like to defrag every 3 to 4 weeks. Considering I DLed files a lot it can get pretty slow and sluggish if I don't defrag. I most likely have 15 to 20 GIGs cycling though my computer each week. And thats on a slow week. I like to keep 3 different spyware, microsoft beta, adware and spydoctor (cost me money) I run it about every 2 weeks or so. No spyware program has ever picked up EVERYTHING. Spydoctor normally gets 90% of the spyware and adware and microsoft get rid of the other 10% Microsft does the least work in my mind it leaves aobut 2% so I run it second. I also like to shutdown my computer when I go to school. Once in a while I leave it on because I need to host some torrents. My computer is always on at night because this is when my anti-virus runs. My anti-virus is set to update itself every night 1 hour before it scans. I also have a different hours for this thoughout the week.

So what are your computing habits?!?!?!?

Ummm...I never defrag, for some reason I never think about it. I usually have many protection tools in the background at all times, AVG antivirus, Zonealarm Firewall, Advanced Spyware Remover Pro, that kind of thing. I scan for viruses about once a week, sometimes a little more than that, but I stay on "safe sites" so I'm not all that worried about personal information, ID theft and whatnot, but I run scans for spyware around once a month. The reason I don't "scan" much is because I have a lot of real-time protection against these things and I'm not all that worried about it. I update my Antivirus whenever it says that the virus definitions are outdated. As I am on a 56k dialup connection, my Internet is usually disconnected when not in use, and the computer is on most of time but usually I turn it off at night.

About the same, except i tend to run disk defragmenter once a week and the same goes for adware scans.

depends on the computer in use. main pc, lots of cleanup/defraggin all the time, keep it up to date as possible. thrasher computer... kill it at least once a week then reformat, or install a new OS. Server.. very well maintained, but is not online at the moment. usually run it 24/7 if i need remote access to my network.

I have an unnoticed habit of hitting refresh every five seconds on the desktop, i dont know why, everyone asks me but i really never even notice it, ive been doing it since age like 14, its reallllly wierd and it creeps alot of people out. lol :)

yeah its really wierd, like when you right click on the desktop and go to refresh i do that alllll the time when the desktop is visible, I dont even know why i started doing it!?!? :)

xguynameddavex said:
yeah its really wierd, like when you right click on the desktop and go to refresh i do that alllll the time when the desktop is visible, I dont even know why i started doing it!?!? :)
No offense, but you scare me. :p j/k

uid=[0] said:
Try F5 does the same thing with less effort

i know but that defeats the point of a habit, if i press f5 then i wont be doing it the same way and i will probobly just end up adding f5 to the habit, and end up right clicking going to refresh then hitting f5, therefor enhancing the actual habit in the first place.

Hardy said:
You scare me!

tHaTs the way i like it :p *refresh

Back
Top Bottom