questions about dual monitors

p4 3.0Ghz, 512mb ddr400, fx 5700

I know that it won't be too good with the current specs, but I would like to try it out asap. I'm getting my new parts (2Gb of ram and a new vid card, probably a 6800GT or similar) someday, when I can get the money to buy them ;)

Just tried today with making a game into a window, and I could browse the internet and play oblivion just fine. Some small lag sometimes but nothing too bad. The thing I hate is that I always have to press alt + tab (I gues window key would work too) to swich between the applications.

Yeah, im suprised you didn't get quite a hefty bit of lag, especially with 512mb RAM - although it is fast RAM.

You will find most gamers dont use multiple monitors.

joxley1990 said:
Yeah, im suprised you didn't get quite a hefty bit of lag, especially with 512mb RAM - although it is fast RAM.

You will find most gamers dont use multiple monitors.

all u need to do is some small tweaking and oblivion will run alot faster, of course at the expense of image quality. At first my vid card wasn't running it well, alot of lag. But after a few very small tweaks it works perfectly. :)

I'm getting a second monitor, probably tomorrow so I can atleast try to see if I can get it working with this vid card.

Actually, it is possible to just play your game in a window instead of full-screen, so you just have the game playing in a window, while you do other things I guess...I've never tried it, so I can't really tell you anything about the performance.

alvino said:
Actually, it is possible to just play your game in a window instead of full-screen, so you just have the game playing in a window, while you do other things I guess...I've never tried it, so I can't really tell you anything about the performance.

yeah, thats what I'm doing right now.
But as I said earlier, I don't want to waste the space from my gaming monitor. :D

So if I only could play a game on full screen on my 21" monitor and do the rest on a 17" monitor. Well I'm gonna get the second monitor probably tomorrow so I'll try and see what I can do.

I have a dual monitor system, and the graphics card has a tendency to slow everything down, it can't handle watching TV using the Dvb usb tuner and intensive applications the TV window starts to shudder.

I am going to upgrade my graphics card, and change to a PCI TV tuner to see if that resolves it

I also have a dual monitor system, but mine slows down by a little bit becuase i have a SLi configurated motherboard and two BFG GeForce 7800GTOC running :D Y dont u have a svideo cable connected to ur tv and c if you could run the game on ur dual monitor and still b able to do internet connectivity on ur tv monitor.

Back
Top Bottom