Cyberpower PCs

Stonyman65

Baseband Member
I'm looking to get a new PC, a gaming PC, and I was looking at alienware but for what i need it's over 2 grand for and entry level machine.

a few days later I was reading a copy of a PC magazine (I think it was PC world or PC Gaming or something, I forget the name) and they had an add for Cyberpower Computers - I checked them out and found an AMD based system I configured it to what I need and It came out to just under $2,000.

I was wondering if cyberpower is a reputable company and what they are selling is worth it. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

My friend almost ordered a PC from them. If you aren't willing to build, they'd be alright

What are the specs on the PC you put together?

I have one, I wouldnt really say they are the best. Just cheap parts for a good price thats about all they give you. In my case they sent out the wrong dvd burner but they paid for all the shipping at we got it fixed. The tech is total crap, I stoped calling them after my frist call and joined CF :)..

Here are the spec for what I want, directly for cyberpower.

Gamer Ultra 9900 Pro [Athlon64 / 64 FX]

*BASE_PRICE: [+1375]
CAS: ATX MEDIUM TOWER CASE 350 WATT [-88] (BLACK COLOR)
CASUPGRADE: NONE
CPU: (939-pin) AMD Athlonâ„¢64 X2 4800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+484]
CD: SONY 52X CD-ROM [-2] (SILVER COLOR [+9])
CD2: (Special Price) LG GWA-4161 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (SILVER COLOR [+9])
CABLE: None
FLASHMEDIA: None
FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE (SILVER COLOR [+7])
FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK [-55]
HDD: 250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
HDD2: NONE
IEEE_CARD: NONE
KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 104 PS/2 Keyboard (Black Color)
MOUSE: Logitech MX518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse [+20]
MONITOR: Jetway M1931TB 19" Multimedia TFT Active Matrix LCD Display Monitor [-26]
MOTHERBOARD: (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
MEMORY: 2048 MB (512MBx4) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY [+120] (Corsair Value Select)
MODEM: NONE
MSGAME: FREE! AGE OF EMPIRE III
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2 [-15]
PRINTER: None
PRINTER_CABLE: None
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU [+19]
POWERSUPPLY: STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY
RAID: NONE
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT [-16]
SOFT: Microsoft® Works v8.0
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: 120 WATT STEREO SPEAKERS [-92] (SILVER COLOR)
TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
TVRC: None
UPS: None
USB: Build-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBHD: NONE
VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
VIDEO: ATI Radeon X1600XT 16X PCI-E 256MB VIDEO CARD [+15]
VIDEO2: NONE
WIRELESSCARD: LINKSYS WMP54GS 802.11G PCI Network Card [+42]
WIRELESSPOINT: Linksys WRT54GS Wireless-G Broadband 802.11g Router with SpeedBooster [+88]
ZIP: NONE
_PRICE: (+1894)

my first computer was cyberpower, it was a really good and cheap machine. they forgot to put memory heat sinks on the ram and they sent me a check for the cost of the heat sinks. All in all i was very satisfied with them.

After the specs i believe that, thats a really nice computer to start off with, and under $2,000 that doesnt seem bad since its coming with a 19" monitor, AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology and a ATI Radeon X1600XT 16X PCI-E 256MB video card, plus 2GB of ram that doesnt seem bad. What kills the deal is the power supply. You need more than 350watts to run that thing and make sure u have alot of fans operating and buy a warranty bcuz my cousin bought a computer from them and in about 5 months the processor got burned and they said that they wouldnt cover it.

Back
Top Bottom