Big difference??

40c is what my probe utility says it idles at... i am only using the stock fan though. May have to get that Zalman now.

dmb51599 said:
37c from BIOS
I'd say that anything under 35 is fine, so that isn't too far off. Nothing to get worried about, it can take around 70C before any damage will occur.

Well wat about the speed, i mean the amount is nice, going from a 512MB to a 2GB but speed also counts when gaming and multitasking. Getting a cooling kit would sound nice if your gonna push ur computer to its limits, or beyond that :D

Speed doesnt count too teribly much when you have so much of it. Really you wont notice a difference, unless you see it in numbers.

ArrizX said:
BIG!!!

Like night and day dude.

At 2gb ram, windows turns off the page file. Or virutually memory. And VM is ram on the hard drive. And thats slow. So yes, 2gb would be insane!
i upgraded from 1gb to 2gbs and saw no diff at all, i even turned the page file off manually and saw no diff, maybe i never used enough ram when i was using a gig before since i play cs mostly

gaming_freak said:
i upgraded from 1gb to 2gbs and saw no diff at all, i even turned the page file off manually and saw no diff, maybe i never used enough ram when i was using a gig before since i play cs mostly

the difference between 1Gb and 2Gb will be seen when doing alot of multitasking and in gaming. Normal internet browsing and light gaming won't really take advantage from the second Gb.

The best thing to do is open every single program you have, and try and run them all in some sort of way, see if you notice a difference there...

Back
Top Bottom