Intel Xeon to P4 comparason

Xeon = roflmao @ graphics processing... I know from experience. unless its streaming media, dont waste your time. on Windows Server 2003 when you are trying to shutdown, when it does the fade out before you click ok or whatnot to reboot/shutdown etc.. it laggs. would definatly not suggest that for gaming

I mean, sure I game, but really, I dont do much, or anything intense. Just that Im pretty hardcore when it comes to multitasking. Im always doing a million things.

So does Xeon :D

I mean how does it not sound cool, "Xeon". Makes me wanna buy like four. So I can just kinda be like yeah, I have an Xeon computer, what now?!

Hahaha yeah! :D

If I was you Arrizx, I would buy the Xeon because if you aren't so focussed on gaming as much as multitasking, then get the Xeon by all means. I think in multitaskign you should notice a slight difference then your current CPU. Plus, look at it this way, you'll never have to shut down your PC. :)

Lol, good point. Another thing though, will a 2.8ghz Xeon kick my 3.0ghz P4's ass? Or how does the frequency viariation differ from P4 to Xeon?

ArrizX said:
Lol, good point. Another thing though, will a 2.8ghz Xeon kick my 3.0ghz P4's ass? Or how does the frequency viariation differ from P4 to Xeon?

For server use, Yes. For desktop use, No
*edited to elaborate.

For example. I can xfer an iso from my AMD 64 puter to my Xeon Server at around 150MB/s across my network. The AMD is sitting at about 98% Processor usage, while the Xeon is sitting at like 4%. however when i shutdown the server, just the fade out that windows does, laggs the hell outta the system, and bumps processor use up to like 60%

iso is about 600MB

Say that im using a P4, at around 80% CPU usage with HT enabled. On a 3.0ghz P4 CPU. Say im running guild wars. What would that be on a Xeon (2.8gz, and 3.0ghz)

Another quesion, would I notice a difference of 200mhz in a Xeon?

Back
Top Bottom