Why!?!?

Rmp5s

In Runtime
This is the most annoying thing EVER!

I have cable internet and a Linksys wireless router. Every once in a while, my internet connection will dissappear then come right back. Really, all this does is boots my AOL connection and all that. A little pop up will come up in the bottom right corner of the screen saying "wireless connection unavailable" and then, before that even goes away, it displays the connection again...why is it doing this!?!?!? It's very irritating!!!

Any help appreciated.

--Brent

It's more than likely some type of interference around it, a cordless phone, too far from the wireless access point, different brands, it could be a number of things causing this.

pctechmike said:
It's more than likely some type of interference around it, a cordless phone, too far from the wireless access point, different brands, it could be a number of things causing this.

Hmmm...definately not too far...it's ALL OF 5 feet, line of sight. Different brands? It didn't do this till a few days ago. Maybe it's interference. I'll try changing the channel on the thing. Thanks.

Rmp5s, call your ISP and have them check the signal levels of your docsis channel. Cable internet connections are very dependant on signal levels (SNR, Tx, Rx) etc. might have a bad splitter or drop going to your house. have them check it out.

I'll give that a try. I have bigger fish to fry now though...I was messing with it last night and screwed it up. It doesn't work at all now and I don't know why. All I did was changed the channel on the thing and it quit working all together. The WLAN light is lit but my computer doesn't see a connection available at all now. It works fine if I plug into the router though. I also set up the WEP encoding but I forgot how to do it so I turned it back off and it still doesn't work...what did I do?!

--Brent

Try to power cycle the router. Remove power... wait 30 seconds or so.. then plug back in. if that doesnt work use the reset button in the back of the router, or press the "Cisco Systems" icon on the front of the router for about 15 seconds(If its a WRT54 router, it has a hidden reset button behind there)

once I had a walky talky to close to the computer and my computer went hay wire on me it made this loud screech.

Back
Top Bottom