Intel Core Duo: THE BEST or NOT

Zaki

Daemon Poster
Intel Core Duo chips are the biggest new thing in mobile computing (besides sli). Are these CPUs the best laptop/notebook cpus or is there a desktop replacement cpu that is better than these processors.
How does it stack up to mobile versions of the mighty AMD X2s and FX60.

There are no mobile version of the X2's and FX's. If you see them in a laptop, they're usually just the desktop processors stuck inside, since those laptops are usually designed as desktop replacements.

The Intel Core Duo, or known as the Yonah core, is probably the best mobile processor in the market. Not sure which model, but it performs within the range of the Athlon X2 3800+ while using less power and producing less heat. :D Awesome, huh?

i agree, Core Duos are the best in the mobile market right now. AMD has yet to release a dual core Turion, but they are working on it.

Core Duos are nice indeed, but AMD will launch an X2 variant for the laptop soon enough. Until demand for them increases, expect to see AMD hold off for a tad. They can learn from Intel's mistakes, thus making a better product in the long run. Although, I'm sure the new CPUs from Intel boasting the Core Architecture will be just as impressive to see as an X2 variant from AMD. :)

Nah. The Yonah is just the beginning of the Core Microarchitecture. Wait for the Merom core, and you'll see the Intel Core Duo series fly. :D

Yeah, AMD is making a dual-core version of the Turion soon...meh.

I don't think that the Turion will be anything liek the Core Duo (Yonah) is. The Core Duo has a lot of benefits, a few being battery life, low heat, low power consumption, and others. Overall I think that no matter what AMD does with the Turion, the Core Duo, at least for now and until the Core Microarchitecture is done and dead, the Core Duo is King in the mobile world.

Back
Top Bottom