windows "installer" problem

maanico1

In Runtime
on some/most of my programs, when i try to uninstall/install i get an error that says "the windows installer service could not be accessed... this can occur if you are running in safe mode or if the windows installer is not installed correctly." it just started happening and i know that i am not in safe mode

if that doesn't work, go to the Start Menu>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services>..... Then scroll down to the services list, and make sure that Windows Installer is there, if it is, make sure it is enabled and working. Just highlight the Windows Installer serice, then look at the top left of the dialog box and click start. If that isn't there, double-click the "Windows Installer", select Enable (manual is the default), from the "startup type" drop menu. Then start the process.

I just saw this same exact thing about 3 days ago. Spyware or some sort of virus is the culprit. Only thing that could temporarily fix the issue was system restore then removing the bugs. go back a week or so and try again. see if that works

LukeD said:
if that doesn't work, go to the Start Menu>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services>..... Then scroll down to the services list, and make sure that Windows Installer is there, if it is, make sure it is enabled and working. Just highlight the Windows Installer serice, then look at the top left of the dialog box and click start. If that isn't there, double-click the "Windows Installer", select Enable (manual is the default), from the "startup type" drop menu. Then start the process.

this worked great thanks everybody for the input... i dont know what happened to disable it, mightve been some spyware or something... i would've never figured it out... thanks again e3verybody

Back
Top Bottom