Single Or Dual Channel DDR?

uid=[0]

Daemon Poster
I have heard alot of discussion in regards to which is better, however i have yet to see any performance increase while running in dual channel vs. single. I know in dual channel it has a wider "data path" persay. however I do not play many games other than AOE, however do run alot of resource intensive software. Was curious if anyone else has noticed this, or what.

Currently Running: ABIT AX8 mobo, AMD 64-bit 3200+ @ 2.5GHz(winchester core), 1GB of Kingston HyperX DDR PC3200(dual channel 2x512MB), Standard 160GB - 7200RPM x 2 IDE HDD's.

Any suggestions or comments?

Go Dual channel ram if your mobo can support it. Basically, the data is flowing from two ram sticks at the same time, allowing your cpu to process more info. Think of it as two heads rather one. What would you choose?

Oh yea, and yes it does support dual channel... Currently running in dual channel "mode"

hey guys i have the same question...im building a new computer and the new mobo will have 4 ddr400 slots dual channel supported...now should i just get 2 1gb sticks of dual channel ddr400 because i want to be able to load games that i play like bf2 a lot faster....does it sound good?

Edit: sry for hijacking ur thread!!!

DUAL CHANNEL MY FRIENDS
anything that has the word "dual" on it means double the speed and power. And i have the same kind of memory as you and its dual channel also.

Back
Top Bottom