Ram...

that there is something wrong with the hardware, was that the only stick you had in the computer, or is there another one next to it.

Alright!!! Thats good news, the ram should be the only thing wrong with it, if it was the motherboard, you would get a little worse than beeping. Bring that stick of RAM somewhere and tell them you need a new one, when you get it, throw it in the machine, The Right Way! lol, then see if it still beeps at you, it shouldnt though, but if it does, you could always bring that ram back.

if you look at one of the above posts, you will see a guide on putting in ram, that should help you out to see if you are putting it in right. also, If you look online, you can find a guide about the beeps you are recieving (just google it) what sequence of beeps are you recieving? one long two short, it will have a reference as to which of which, and that will tell you if it is the memory or not, and if the beeps are in a sequence in which its telling you that your problem is the memory, then at least thats better than cookin the MB. :)

Jordan Pardy said:
My computer boots up, but it just makes a loud beeping noise? What is that indicating?

Look in your motherboard manual, or look on the website, and look up the beep codes.

Which motherboard you using mate?

the clips arent that important, you can run the memory without the clips, but the memory has to be in snug in order for the clips to snap in, and even if the clip is broke, it can be replaced, but for i that i would suggest bringin it somewere (not best buy)

EDIT: hey joxley, we already discussed the beep codes.

EDIT AGAIN: that sounded mean :D I think he just needs to fasten the mem in tighter

Back
Top Bottom