Laptop Question

AcerA

Beta member
Laptop Suggestions?

Well, heading off the college next year so ill be needing a laptop to lug around with me. I am suppose to be getting the laptop for doing simple things like word proccessing/internet but I also want to play a few games on it on the side ;) . I went through newegg and found this :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834115223

I was wondering if it would be fine to run the current games bf2, WOW, oblivion, etc. I choose it because it has a decent graphics card, ram, etc. The only concern with getting this is if I should wait a bit for the new processors to come out and the new windows os. Should I wait a bit to get a better laptop or just get this one. If I will be getting this laptop, I will get it by Oct-Nov of this year. My budget is 1k-1.3k. Any other laptop recommendations would be welcomed. Thanks.

I looks ok. Generally Id advise people against using laptops for gaming as a PC will give much better performance.

The graphics/video card is pretty good for a laptop of that price and I cant see you getting anything better without breaking the bank.

However the battery life of 3.5 hours is rubbish, you'll get 2 hours if your extremely lucky.

George

I say save your money on a laptop. Im currently in university and i just bought a desktop. My friend in my computer science class bought a laptop and he barely uses it. I see him chatting on msn more than anything so you can imagine how much he pays attention in the class. I almost bought one myself but i realized that all i would use it for is taking notes but i am more than happy to just write notes in a notebook. Laptops just devalue so quick and you are limited to upgrading them and they cost a lot for the meager performance that they all supply. I mean, over a grand for a laptop with like a 1.8GHz cpu? A crappy graphics card? slow memory? It's all a waste. But then some people disagree and find good use in buying a laptop so i guess sometimes it all comes down to personal preference.

Frankly if your going get a gameing laptop my advice is go all out... If not buy a cheap laptop for taking notes.

You guys have suggestions on a cheap laptop? Something that won't die after a few months.

Well something for internet and notes would just be like a 500 dollar dell......check out their website. Yeah, laptops arn't ment for gamming, the screen is to small, the harddrives to slow, the video cards to weak, and the ram to slow.

just wait if you dont need one just now. other new ones will come out and some which will be on special offer. you still have a few months till you need it

Frankly I suggest getting a gaming rig for gaming... Unless you got a huge BUDGET for a gaming laptop like 3,500 or so. For a 3,500 or a 4,000 gaming laptop a desktop does the same for 1,500 or less. Go with dell or gateway or somthing if its going be a lower end laptop for taking notes. I wouldn't spend more then 600 bucks on a laptop myself I see no point in it.

but a desktop isnt very practical in college. well it could work but imo a laptop is much better for that type of environment

Back
Top Bottom