New Mobo/CPU/Video Card/RAM

wait who has a fx 57???...and who do u mean by he's?...thx

edit: ok i didnt see the link at first now im reading the thing on the link...thx

edit: amish kid i u have aim or msn or xfire plz pm me ur online name so i can talk to u a little faster and more effectivly...thx

hey i see u have "ddr500" coming...i thought the board u had only supported 400...or did u just type it wrong?

Xiggy said:
hey i see u have "ddr500" coming...i thought the board u had only supported 400...or did u just type it wrong?
No the motherboard can run it. With DDR 400 memory runs at 200mhz well when overclocking you sometimes run your memory at higher speeds. So DDR 500 is equal to 250mhz. The reason im getting it is so I can run my memory at higher speeds.

ownage said:
yes, you should if you want to overclock and run your memory at higher speeds.

Yes and no. My motherboard on my P4 supports up to DDR533 when a FSB 800 CPU is in there...meaning I can go there. Look at the manual first. If it says DDR400/433/450/500/533 You're good. If not, then OC it...and some suprises may happen: It could post DDR533!

That is because P4 like the extra memory bandwidth. If you run your cpu at 200FSB ( quad pumped to 800MHZ) and your memory at 266 (266x2=533) You will get extra bandwidth on the memory. You should always run P4s on a forward divider, ie. 2:3, 4:5, and likewise. The love the extra memory bandwidth.

Back
Top Bottom