Wait for a computer or not

Hmm, true, but it's one of the few. And it's a 3GHZ. 3GHZ+ Celerons are LGA775. His is a 2.6GHZ. Wait a second...that fan doesn't even go with LGA775...WTH is wrong with them? :confused:

I think it does, the fan is just really small, one of those once which are really loud and annoying, and crap.

Doesnt matter anyway, end this dispute nstepho - which socket do you use?! The specs sound like a DELL - its not a DELL is it?

Were still friends aren't we lhuser lol :(

Jesus, didn't know they existed. At the end of the day, celerons are crap for gaming (I really hope he does want to game, or the last 8 posts are going to make us look stupid)

He must want to game if he plans to buy a 6600GT..grrr I wish he would turn uppp!

We all learn something new every day hey...2.6Ghz LGA775 do exist! :)

Yup...I just can't believe it myself. But, this would go perfect on an old ASUS P5P800 (The old LGA775 generations)

Its funny you should say that, my mate just had to replace his because...

You know the out-bending IDE connector...yeah he snapped that off lol

Its not a bad board though, I wouldnt say no...

lhuser said:
Joxley, Celerons are S478. Very few went in the LGA775. TBH, I agree with joxley too. See, a Celeron's cache is the lowest thing you can have as well as the speed is really slower than an actual 2.6GHZ P4. And since Celerons uses FSB533, yours might support FSB800...which could get you a VERY fast P4 HT 3GHZ CPU.

As far for the video card, if you use intergrated and want to game, go for it.

i'll have to agree cuz i have a Celeron D processor which my brothers use for only internet productivity, and sometimes me and him play online games together, but when he plays wolfenstien et it turns out that the gameplay is pretty slow and its wasnt even speed that was the problem becuase i have highspeed from road runner. If i had a processor like that, i would kill myself.

Sorry I have been away. Sorry I don't have a price range, but I figure I'll just get a job and chip in to pay for a new one. My motherboard says it supports LGA775....

Back
Top Bottom