Size of sig

Sir Bors said:
Just a little comment on this Sig thing.

The French before WWII keep on telling the Germans that what they were doing was "Unacceptabe". But never did anything. Well you know what the Germans did next.

You can say that going over 5 lines is "Unacceptable" But what Then???

Just a history lesson.

Sir Bors.
:( As you are new, I'll explain, on CF,we obey the rules & I, as a moderator, together with my colleages, uphold the rules, the size of sigs may not seem important, but if we let one slide, we're not doing our jobs.
When you joined "five minutes ago". you ticked a box to say that you had read the rules, that's it, plain & simple.
By the way, I don't need a history lesson, I lived through WW2 as a child, & my town was bombed almost flat, friends & some relatives were killed.

I may have misunderstood what was being discussed but I feel that the point I was making was also misunderstood.
I have every intention of following the rules. Usually being civil and polite will get one through most of the rules. I thought that a couple of the postings about the sig. had suggested that nothing would happen if people did go over the five lines. In this I may have been wrong. So I was making a point that one has to be ready to back up the rules with some consequences that is all. I was not suggesting that I was going to break them.
I am sorry for what you went through in the War. Some of my wife relatives lived under bridges during that time in France. My wife's aunt used to bring food to the French resistant fighters and when she was captured the germans made her walk in the snow barefoot and did medical experiments on her in the camp.

Well I don't know much about computers and I joined because I needed some answers. So maybe I will just keep my nose out of things from now on.

Sir Bors.

Sir Bors said:
I may have misunderstood what was being discussed but I feel that the point I was making was also misunderstood.
I have every intention of following the rules. Usually being civil and polite will get one through most of the rules. I thought that a couple of the postings about the sig. had suggested that nothing would happen if people did go over the five lines. In this I may have been wrong. So I was making a point that one has to be ready to back up the rules with some consequences that is all. I was not suggesting that I was going to break them.
I am sorry for what you went through in the War. Some of my wife relatives lived under bridges during that time in France. My wife's aunt used to bring food to the French resistant fighters and when she was captured the germans made her walk in the snow barefoot and did medical experiments on her in the camp.

Well I don't know much about computers and I joined because I needed some answers. So maybe I will just keep my nose out of things from now on.

Sir Bors.
No, please be inquisitive, that clears the air!
Your story reminded me, we had good friends he was in the army during the last war, met a German girl whilst he was was stationed there, brought her to England after the war, & married her, they were both elderly when we stayed with them, & his wife, Edith, who came from Hamburg, told us how she & her two small children fled for many miles, when the Russians invaded Germany, her on foot with a baby in a pram, & a toddler walking alongside.
Regarding the sigs, you say you may have been wrong, I'll explain, I give them a chance to reduce their sigs, if they choose to ignore this, I access the sig, & reduce it, only mods can do this, some object, but as I have the backing of Admin, there's nothing they can do about it, I don't like doing it, but in some cases I have to.

Sir Bors said:
Okay, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot to a forum I just joined.

Sir Bors.
Cilck to read the rules; www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=4

Glad to help. :D
rotate1.gif
rotate2.gif

Brookfield said:
:( As you are new, I'll explain, on CF,we obey the rules & I, as a moderator, together with my colleages, uphold the rules, the size of sigs may not seem important, but if we let one slide, we're not doing our jobs.
When you joined "five minutes ago". you ticked a box to say that you had read the rules, that's it, plain & simple.
By the way, I don't need a history lesson, I lived through WW2 as a child, & my town was bombed almost flat, friends & some relatives were killed.

really? sry its nothing to do with computers but my second big interest apart from computers is WWII. where did you live during the war?

Fisher said:
really? sry its nothing to do with computers but my second big interest apart from computers is WWII. where did you live during the war?
I lived in Portsmouth, Hampshire, & as you sound interested, I was young when war broke out, eight years old, & as you probably know, the blitz didn't start til later, my family used to go down the shelter when the siren sounded, but I was always last, stopping to watch the wave after wave of Henkels coming over on their way to bomb London.
Another time, I watched Stukas as they dived on the dockyard, seeing the bombs leaving the aircraft, hearing & seeing the explosions over the rooftops of houses on the horizon.
Being that young, about nine, I couldn't see the dangers, I, like a lot of kids used to collect & swap shrapnel, I even had an incendiary bomb, they're about two feet long, one night they dropped about 10,000 on the city, burning down a lot of buidings, department stores etc, & hundreds of houses, the house next door was hit, my father & brother went in & extiguished it.
If you'd like to hear more, PM me.

Brookfield [aka Maurice]

Brookfield said:
I lived in Portsmouth, Hampshire, & as you sound interested, I was young when war broke out, eight years old, & as you probably know, the blitz didn't start til later, my family used to go down the shelter when the siren sounded, but I was always last, stopping to watch the wave after wave of Henkels coming over on their way to bomb London.
Another time, I watched Stukas as they dived on the dockyard, seeing the bombs leaving the aircraft, hearing & seeing the explosions over the rooftops of houses on the horizon.
Being that young, about nine, I couldn't see the dangers, I, like a lot of kids used to collect & swap shrapnel, I even had an incendiary bomb, they're about two feet long, one night they dropped about 10,000 on the city, burning down a lot of buidings, department stores etc, & hundreds of houses, the house next door was hit, my father & brother went in & extiguished it.
If you'd like to hear more, PM me.

Brookfield [aka Maurice]

Wow thats powerfull :(

My grandfather used to have a huge bomb that was dropped in WWII. It was hollowed out, I have no idea how he got it, but he had a huge bomb, it weighed a bit, not to much though, enough that you could actually carry it. Aside form that though...

What kind of text is allowed within the Signature? Why is it that pictures are not allowed? I've been around my fair share of forums, and I have noticed that signature pictures aren't really that bad, just as long as people stick to the guidelines (i.e no nudity, racism, etc etc). I think it might give a more personalized feeling to everyone. Just a thought, although it doesn't have to be taken seriously. :)

GenoXide said:
My grandfather used to have a huge bomb that was dropped in WWII. It was hollowed out, I have no idea how he got it, but he had a huge bomb, it weighed a bit, not to much though, enough that you could actually carry it. Aside form that though...

What kind of text is allowed within the Signature? Why is it that pictures are not allowed? I've been around my fair share of forums, and I have noticed that signature pictures aren't really that bad, just as long as people stick to the guidelines (i.e no nudity, racism, etc etc). I think it might give a more personalized feeling to everyone. Just a thought, although it doesn't have to be taken seriously. :)
WOW!!, & I thought that I was an idiot as a kid to have an incendiary bomb in a kitchen cupboard, but a large bomb, no sireee!, even if it was hollowed out.
One more WWII tale, during a raid, an incendiary bomb landed on the pavement three feet from our front door, an elderly neighbour shovelled it up & dropped it into a bucket of water, then accidently knocked the bucket over!!, they didn't weigh much, they were made of aluminium, which melted when the magnesium ignited, but there was a scar on that pavement for many years after the war, until the council replaced it with asphalt.

Now, I explained this before, admin at CF do not allow anyting but plain script in sigs, the Administrator himself has been asked several times about this, but he is adamant, he is a nice guy though, [David Lindon ] why don't you send him a PM about it, he won't budge, but I expect he'll give his reasons, or refer you to a notice.

Back
Top Bottom