Frist Build: No monitor signal??

kocheez75 said:
I just read this in my video card manual:

"Problem: My monitor will go blank upon bootup or has difficulty resuming from Hibernation mode

Cause: The drivers written specifically for the monitor are not installed. Either Plug n Play or Default Monitor are currently installed and may not achieve proper resolution/refresh rate or resume from Hibernation mode

Solution: Download the latest monitor drivers from the manufacturer and install the files within the Windows Device Manager or within the Monitor tab of the Display Control Panel."

Does this mean that monitors have their own drivers installed? How would I go about fixing this since the monitor will not come OUT of Hibernation mode?

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. Monitors only need drivers so that windows can easily determine it's max res and refresh rate and such. It has absolutely nothing to do with getting the system to POST.

The only time I ever had a problem getting a PC I built to post, was when I forgot to plug in the 4 pin cable to the CPU.. of coarse this was with an Intel board. The only things I can really think of to help you out without being able to actually examine the system myself would be..

Check all the memory, try some old memory you know works, do the same with the PSU, GPU, CPU (if possible, even though this is highly unlikely if you installed it correctly. CPUs rarely come DOA.)

For the non-literate, PSU = power supply, and GPU = Graphics card, (or VPU if you happen to have an Ati card or whatever.)

A friend of mine had a problem like this once, he just took the video card out (it was agp for the record) and put it back in. Never had a problem since.

have u even tried using a different video card? and is the video card getting power/are all the pins all the way into the mobo?

LOL, sorry man, but some of these solutions are pretty funny.

First off, your system specs would be nice to have. Second.. What operating system are you running? Third... If the computer turns on and everything is running, then it is most likely not the processor.

Check all your cables.

Your taking a VGA cable and converting it to DVI to port to your video card, right? You wont need any drivers to initially get started. That doesn't make any sense at all, because then everyone would have to somehow install drivers without a visual? Not the case.

How many DVI connections on your card? If there is two, make sure it is plugged into the left one.

What the hell monitor do you have by the way?

My buddy has a dell, and I think there is a switch on it for VGA/DVI. That and I think some monitors need VGA and DVI to work. Dont hold me to that though, I have just heard that in a few places.

Get back at us.

LukeD said:
LOL, sorry man, but some of these solutions are pretty funny.

First off, your system specs would be nice to have. Second.. What operating system are you running? Third... If the computer turns on and everything is running, then it is most likely not the processor.

Check all your cables.

Your taking a VGA cable and converting it to DVI to port to your video card, right? You wont need any drivers to initially get started. That doesn't make any sense at all, because then everyone would have to somehow install drivers without a visual? Not the case.

How many DVI connections on your card? If there is two, make sure it is plugged into the left one.

What the hell monitor do you have by the way?

My buddy has a dell, and I think there is a switch on it for VGA/DVI. That and I think some monitors need VGA and DVI to work. Dont hold me to that though, I have just heard that in a few places.

Get back at us.

Monitor Samsung Syncmaster 730b - using a vga cable, connected in vga slot (monitor has been tested on another computer and works)

OS - None sofar, havnt got past post (XP pro evevutally)

GPU - Fan spins, therefore power is getting to it (no external connections, only PCIe), have reseated it about 100 times

CPU - Gets hot (when fan was off) so must be working

Ram - Corsair 1gb value ram

I have honestly tried everything, mabye next board will have better luck. I will probably have it put together professionally.

come on, just go to your computer store with the computer, and ask if you can hook it up to one of their DVI monitors for a few seconds...

OK, so i took my video card to the computer store to have the guy put it in a computer and see if it had a signal. Well, apperantly there IS something wrong with a video card, which caused a short in the motherboard, so now his motherboard is shot (haha, SUCKER!). So i RMA'd the mobo and will likely be doing the same with the card. Moral of the story....well...there is none really, just a bunch of defective parts.

Back
Top Bottom