Cool Monitor Idea

aowen416

Daemon Poster
Hey, I just got a ton of cash for my bday, because my bro got a laptop, so i demanded the amout of money the laptop cost, surprisingly i accually got it.....1,500 dollars! wOOOT IMMA RICH! Hehe......

Anyways, I've alwaysed wanted a tv in my room and a massive computer monitor.........for the tv im probably just going to use my computer for dvds so i dont need a tuner. Anyways, i dont want to buy one massively huge 40 inch plasma monitor lol.......I was thinking puting like four 17 inchers together....
I was wondering if any of you know if the lines between the monitors are anoying. Im going to wallmount em...........also, how would i connect all of them, would it be a beating to my video card?(7800gtx 256mb) All help will be nice.

Well...considering that most 17" monitors lack DVI and only have VGA, you'll only be able to have TWO monitors, because a single card can support only one monitor. Also, if you want to have your monitors for whatever you're doing, go with DVI or HDMI. Those wield better and sharper image quality than VGA does, not to mention a longer future.

could you show me some nice, thin, walmoutable monitors with dvi? I cant find very many:p Completely forgot about the input:p Hmm....isnt there some type of adapter? That can add extra monitor ports?

Well, if you have SLI, 4 DVI monitors could do, but $1500 is like: $300x4 = $1200+ taxes.

Well most monitors are wall mountable. Just look for the VESA Wall Mount Compatability. As for monitors with DVI, generally the more expensive ones like the 19" or larger carry DVI. Any smaller than that, it just drives up the cost of the monitor to implement DVI, which isn't what companies aim for since smaller monitors are generally geared towards the budget segment.

Duuuude, throw it in an account and save it trust me, it will be alot more useful that permanently damaging your eyes! lOL

cant u juat join 2 19" monitors or just have a 21" or simular. i have a 17" monitor and find that is suitable. even a 21" would be ok on a wall.

Back
Top Bottom