ps3

Lol, I have to agree with Alvino. Nintendo 64 was Nintendo's best system to date. SNES may have more orginial games, and was probably one of the most popular systems in the 1990s, but the N64 was simply the better console compared to the PS1 at that time. However, because the cartridges cost so much, a lot of game developers ditched the n64 platform and headed for playstation. Its so sad that Perfect Dark has gone to the xbox. Selling Rare was a really bad choice for Nintendo.

Anyways back to the main topic of this thread, PS3 is not really identical to the Xbox 360. It's supposed to have 8 processing cores, and a hell of a lot graphics power. I think it might be better than the Xbox 360, however, with 8 processing cores its gonna be a pain for developers to write games for it and the price is supposed to be outrageous, like $700-800.

PerfectSK said:
Anyways back to the main topic of this thread, PS3 is not really identical to the Xbox 360. It's supposed to have 8 processing cores, and a hell of a lot graphics power. I think it might be better than the Xbox 360, however, with 8 processing cores its gonna be a pain for developers to write games for it and the price is supposed to be outrageous, like $700-800.
ya. the ps3 is gonna be a b**ch to program. the game devs will have to learn the architecture or w/e.

although the 360 doesnt implement any real 'nex-gen' technologies, i think it will win the war. the 360 technically speaking, brings consoles to the level of pc gaming. it seriously has no new technology.

also, the 360 costs about $700 to make. but MS makes profit by selling the accessories(controllers, hd's, network adapters) for an insane price.

Yup. Thanks to the PS3's advanced Cell architecture, it'll cost developers TONS of time and work just to get one game done. I heard about this rumor where the PS3 costs upwards towards $1,000,000 to develop for, since companies have to purchase the SDK and the DevKits along with everything else using their own money.

Well, the whole point of "next-generation" is High-Definition gaming. So what both companies are really doing is just to implement very powerful hardware to be able to handle the workload. Oh and, the Xbox 360 is probably more complex than the RSX GPU in the PS3. The Xenos chip uses Unified Shader Technology, unlike the RSX which uses traditional independent shaders to perform it's work. Which one is more powerful, remains a good question, but I'll tell you right now that the Xbox 360's Xenos is WAY more efficient. Props to ATI. :D

PerfectSK, don't judge the consoles by paper. Comparing which one has more cores or which one runs faster doesn't mean anything. It's all in the architecture and how things work. ;)

natej315 said:
its just boring and ps2 takes forever to load lol
but it has some very innovative games. ie time crisis, ddr, eye toy, karaoke revolution, etc. these games are the only reason i still have a ps2.

i kno that these games have been taken and put on other systems, but they originated on the ps2.

alvino said:
PerfectSK, don't judge the consoles by paper. Comparing which one has more cores or which one runs faster doesn't mean anything. It's all in the architecture and how things work. ;)

I never said anything about how "efficient" the PS3's gpu was going to be. I was just saying I think it's going to have more graphics power than the Xbox 360.

Well this is what you said.

PerfectSK said:
Anyways back to the main topic of this thread, PS3 is not really identical to the Xbox 360. It's supposed to have 8 processing cores, and a hell of a lot graphics power.

It all depends for me. I don't think I will buy the PS3 until there are quite a few games that peak my interest. I'm not in the mood to buy a system that will just disappoint me one way or the other.

man SONY FOR LIFE!!! not that i have anything against the microsoft but hell its not like they're using a CELL PROCESSOR!!! nor does Microsoft have support for TWO HD TV's,or INDUSTRIAL STANDARD GPU...OR REAL TIME GENERATED GRAPHICS!!!!

Huh? So? Sure, the Cell is pretty advanced and all, but it's giving developers a hard time, which results in YOU paying more for your games. :)
Support for two HDTV's? Right...then again, if you're rich enough to buy a PS3 in the first place, you can probably afford two HDTV's.
Industrial Standard GPU, what the hell is that? The PS3's GPU is made by nVIDIA, is code-named RSX, and is based on the G70-G71 series. It's clocked at 550mhz and uses the more traditional independent graphics shaders unlike the Unified Shader Technology approach that ATI took with the Xenos.
Real Time Generated Graphics? Right...I guess all that hyping up has gotten you excited. Don't let E3 2005's Killzone trailer fool you...everyone knows it was pre-rendered.

What's my point? You don't know what you're talking about. All you're babbling about sounds like hype from Ken Kutaragi, like his "4D Matrix" when asked about PS3's Online. So please, for the sake of everyone, please don't judge the consoles by paper. I'm not saying you can't take sides, but at least do some research and know what you're talking about before you start getting excited over it. Oh, and I still don't get what you mean my "Industrial Standard GPU". :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom