Which is better? 2-512 or 1 Gig of DDRAM

Well that brings up a question then. Just a couple of weeks ago I learned that pc2100 means that it is 266mhz. Now this cpu-z thing is telling you that a pc4300 is running at 266mhz. Well then I am confused.

I have to get this program and try it out.

Sir Bors.

I always buy two sticks of RAM instead of one.
1.To use dual channel
2. If one fails, you have always got one stick left :)

Well I went and got cpu-z and used it. Says my pc2100 is 133mhz. oh well.

Well thanks to all I think I have the answer to my question. I am going out to buy 2-512 DDR ram.

The only question left is - Do I just stick them in and the motherboard will know what to do. Or do I have to change some settings somewhere?

Sir Bors.

Sir Bors said:
Well I went and got cpu-z and used it. Says my pc2100 is 133mhz. oh well.

Well thanks to all I think I have the answer to my question. I am going out to buy 2-512 DDR ram.

The only question left is - Do I just stick them in and the motherboard will know what to do. Or do I have to change some settings somewhere?

Sir Bors.

No, you dont have to do anything, just push them in turn on the computer and you're good too go.

hmm i personally would just go with the 1gb stick because then it leaves more ram slots open for future ram upgrades

you dont really need more than 1 or 2 gb or ram, so as long as he has atleast 1gb then theres no point upgrading that again as he might aswell get a whole new system at the same time

To all: I know I said that was my last question and was heading out to buy 2-512 DDR ram memory sticks. But I was just wondering would it really make a big difference if I got 2-1gig DDR ram instead? Or would I just be wasting my money? From what I am reading around here somepeople have 3 or 4 gigs of memory sticks.

Since I only have 3 slots I can only use 2 of them if I what it to be dual channel.

Sir Bors.

well i will say this...the more the RAM the better...u will see a huge performance increase in games and just normal things like if u photoshop or etc...now if i were u i would simply just get the 2x1gb sticks of dual channel ddr400 because this way you will have double of what u would have had...do u play video games??? if so u will love it...fast load times etc.....yw

Back
Top Bottom