anti virus

i have used mcafee fire and anti virus and i am not sure it was safe becasue i have been attack by a virus before!!
I have to reinstall my computer twice to make it safe!

AVG Antivirus is free and it doesn't use up much resources like Norton's paid option.

I recommend getting Grisoft's AVG Antivirus Free Edition, I use it all the time, the scanning is good and it detects viruses as they come. (Like if you download a program and you open it and there's a virus) if you keep it running in the background. The updates are pretty fast too and easy to use.

Otherwise, get Norton. :p

i use windows live one care beta...from microsoft...and its free till it comes out of beta... it pretty easy..try it out!

Microsoft's products don't really have a good history with security... :p

OneCare is good though :) but AVG is probably the best.

McAfee... I don't really recommend it. I tried it but I don't like it.

antivirus software is only as good as the company. if persay... i wrote a virus right now, and you just updated your software, and i sent it to you via email etc.. if its only a few days old any not mass released, and the antivirus companies do not know about it. you are vulnerable. because the antivirus will not pick it up. unless it knows that virus's signature to be able to find it

and aside from that, im not worried about a virus these days. what you need to try and look out for is rootkits.

Back
Top Bottom