How much RAM can my computer handle?

There typically is a slight slow down when using two sticks of RAM unless you are using a system with duel channel capabilities(which I'm quite sure you aren't) So yes, it probably would be faster with just one large stick of RAM...but the difference would be rather minor.

Jordan Pardy said:
Guys what I'm asking is:

If I have 2 slots
one has 200mhz and the other has 400mhz will the computer sitll work?
D dual D data R rate
DDR 400 runs at 200mhz.
Open the side panel of your case and look between the pci slots. On the board should be a model number.
Sounds to me to be a prebuilt.

XP would love you but otherwise no.
A willimett is slow on the front side to start with. Adding memory is really a waste. Your system most likely has a 333 or 400mhz front side buss.

Yeah, there would be a performance increase from just 256 mb ram to 512 ram. What are you guys talking about? Even if the other ram had to downclock, he would still see some kind of performance boost.

NO matter what the speed of the ram even thought I think your telling us the wrong thing, what is the ram your buying? pc3200? If so it doesnt run at 400mhz, its runs at 200mhz, thatrs why its ddr you will notice a slight difference in the performance. your really only adding 256 which is ehh but youll notice it.

Back
Top Bottom