Frist Build: No monitor signal??

As far as the heatsink requiring a bit of force, it does so don't worry.
I learned that with the first PC I built myself.. its okay though. ;)

Take everything out of the case, rip it all apart, and build it again. The card may be damaged...

I may have found the source, I wont be able to try till tomorrow though. Do I need to have an ATX cable going to the EZ Plug? I just read on a different forum that some guy at the same problem and plugging that in fixed it. If this is the case, im going to feel like an idiot taking so much time to solve a simple problem like that...

yeah there is a 4 pin molex connecter that goes to the EZ-plug. If that isnt plugged in make sure you go ahead and do it. I didn't think that that would be the cause but if it works after plugging it in then there ya go!

I may know this problem. if it is what im thinking it is, all you have to do is boot... press F8 then start in VGA mode.. once your in install the graphics card drivers, then reboot. if that is the problem.. all will be well:D(my system does this if i reformat.)

uid=[0] said:
I may know this problem. if it is what im thinking it is, all you have to do is boot... press F8 then start in VGA mode.. once your in install the graphics card drivers, then reboot. if that is the problem.. all will be well:D(my system does this if i reformat.)

and how ill I be able to do this, as I cannot see anything on the screen? I have yet to even get the BIOS to display.

I just read this in my video card manual:

"Problem: My monitor will go blank upon bootup or has difficulty resuming from Hibernation mode

Cause: The drivers written specifically for the monitor are not installed. Either Plug n Play or Default Monitor are currently installed and may not achieve proper resolution/refresh rate or resume from Hibernation mode

Solution: Download the latest monitor drivers from the manufacturer and install the files within the Windows Device Manager or within the Monitor tab of the Display Control Panel."

Does this mean that monitors have their own drivers installed? How would I go about fixing this since the monitor will not come OUT of Hibernation mode?

im guessing the monitor is in hibernation mode. try going into the settings on the monitor, and like "reset to factory settings" or something

Back
Top Bottom