ps3

Blu-ray technology will be the new wave. Just like DVDS were. Sure they going be pricey at first. Give it time, heck geforce 6600 GT |USED TO BE PRICEY! Now theres cheap. Technology gets cheaper as it gets older very simple. Personanlly i'm buying several PS3s but not for the console its for ebay :)

My friend's got an XBox 360, and I'm very tempted to get one myself. It's a damn nice machine.

But I've always had Playstations (got an original PSX for Christmas 1996, and the PS2 for my 14th birthday in 2001), and my brother's got an N64. Those are the only actual consoles I've ever owned, so naturally I'm more inclined to see what the PS3 is like.

The thing is, I'm very keen to get a 360, but I want to wait until the PS3 comes out to see which I prefer. Problem is, PS3 isn't out for ages.

From what I've seen, the PS3 is a bit overrated, and not many games developers like it. One thing is true, IMHO: if the PS3 flops, that's the end of Sony in the games market. After the Dreamcast flopped, Sega dropped off the map, and ended up just publishing games for other people. Their day was gone, the Genesis, Mega Drive I and II, Saturn, Dreamcast, it was all for nothing.

I also believe the Revolution looks like pure crap: even Nintendo say it's rubbish compared to the 360 and PS3, they're just appealing to a broader market. I think Nintendo went downhill after the N64 - all the Gamecube games, apart from Serious Sam and Resident Evil, were aimed at little kids.

Nik00117 said:
Blu-ray technology will be the new wave. Just like DVDS were. Sure they going be pricey at first. Give it time, heck geforce 6600 GT |USED TO BE PRICEY! Now theres cheap. Technology gets cheaper as it gets older very simple. Personanlly i'm buying several PS3s but not for the console its for ebay :)

There's also HD-DVD. To most consumers, HD-DVD will be more financially appealing, while Blu-Ray will be more performance/storage appealing. HD-DVD won't be that expensive...maybe just a 5% increase in price at the most, thanks to it's manufacturing process, which is similar to current DVDs. However, for Blu-Ray, since it uses a completely different manufacturing method, will be expensive. Expect a 10%-20% increase in the price of movies and games.

Actually, when the 6600 GT came out, it retailed at around $200 which was already a bargain, considering the performance it offers. Also, when it first came out, it was specifically aimed at the budget gamer market. So you can't really compare that to the next-generation format war.

yeah, no one seems to consider the revolution, but think of how much fun it will be! i really look forward to waving that controller-thingee around! and i especially hope they have a samurai type game where you control the sword with the controller... if they had that, i dont know if i would play anything else.

The controller is very creative, but too unorthodox. It'll take a while for people to get used to it. Too bad...Nintendo was such a great company. The Nintendo 64 is probably one of the best consoles of all time, with some of the best games ever, like GoldenEye 007 or Perfect Dark. Man...those were good times. :p

alvino said:
The controller is very creative, but too unorthodox. It'll take a while for people to get used to it. Too bad...Nintendo was such a great company. The Nintendo 64 is probably one of the best consoles of all time, with some of the best games ever, like GoldenEye 007 or Perfect Dark. Man...those were good times. :p
this is a little off topic, but what would u say are the ps2's 'goldeneye'. or it's most notable game. i kno xbox1 has the halo series. and gCube has resident evil 4. what about the ps2. i kno they had/have some really good games, but is there one that simply stood out?

alvino said:
Good ol' Nintendo... :)

badninja3 said:
this is a little off topic, but what would u say are the ps2's 'goldeneye'. or it's most notable game. i kno xbox1 has the halo series. and gCube has resident evil 4. what about the ps2. i kno they had/have some really good games, but is there one that simply stood out?

I think the best selling game for the PlayStation 2 was Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. For Xbox it was Halo 2 and for Gamecube it was...really? Resident Evil 4? Hmmm...well I wouldn't really know. :p

super nintendo is the best hands down. its not overdone and dumb like some games, and its simply just fun and, well, simple.
i alos happen to like the arcade games, like metal slug.

Back
Top Bottom