Question regarding computer hibernation....

greekgyros02

Beta member
Ok guys bear with me, please. On my old Dell, I had it somehow configured that after 20 minutes the monitor would go into standby, and the system would go to the blue screen where you pick your user name. BUT....it would not logg you off. Where can I find this option in my new computer? This is helpful becvause i like to stay signed on AIM with an away message without having siblings F-ing with my comp.

Thanks guys and sorry for the lenghty question

ok. right click anywhere on the desktop> go to properties> then click screensaver, click the resume to welcome screen box

that wernt a long question :D hope i helped

Are you asking where do you adjust the time that it takes the moniter before it goes into stand by?

Start button-control panel-power options :)
if i totaly misunderstood you sorry
yea what he said right click on desktop hit properities then hit the screen saver tab then select a screen saver and then select theotion that says "On resume password protect :eek:

im sure hes asking for the option to slect to go to the user login screen after you havent used the pc for a while and thats what i explained above

uhmm thanks for the response but im not looking to enable the screensaver

i cant really find where i enable this option??? help??

look above. i am 100% sure im right. i edited my first reply. just try what i say
....that thing above brings you to the user login screen once the screensaver comes on (well once its on then you move the mouse to disable it)

im just glad i helped you out. :d im on my psp btw {just for this msg} so sorry if there are any mistakes

Back
Top Bottom