Do you use proper grammar on IM's?

TRDCorolla said:
It's better to use proper grammar at all times. If you don't, then you will get use to writing that way on everything. Eventually, it will catch on verbally but let's hope it doesn't happen.

lol TRDCorolla true...
i've been having this problem of using shorthand lately.. i can't use proper grammar anymore even if i wanted to...

it even happened to me when i was taking an english test in college...
i wrote a whole article in shorthand and noticed wht i did too late and didn't have time to erase it all and rewrite everything in proper grammar :p

No, not really.

On MSN I don't use proper grammar much. I just chat to my friends using all that 'internet slang' but on internet forums I try to use proper spelling and grammar. Sometimes when I rush to get a post sent or something, I may not do it right but usually I try to make my posts look professional.

when i talk on aim or here on cf, i type exactly how im typing right now... you, know, i dont capitalize every first letter of the sentence or use apostrophies (sp) because i can get my message out perfectly without them. but if i talked like "omg r u srius?? lmao rofl!!!" and crap like that, it is a little harder to get the meassage out, and its stupid.

On MSN you won't see me type Hey, how are you doing today? it'll be more like hey how you doing today? I don't use U, R, Y etc, U to me is you, R is are, Y is why. However I don't use lke a lot of , , : and stuff or "" or stuff like that. I don't see a point in it my grandma does though its like grandma it snot a big deal just send the message! But really if i'm talking to lets say a business client or a client in itself. I use proper gammar.

Well, for me it depends who am I talking to. If it's like a man/woman that talks proper, I do the same, but between you and I...

Teh bomb tis stuff eh? WTH is this goin on about?

I use better grammar in instant messenger and on the internet than I do in real life. I don't get finger twisted when I type I guess.

I even use the semi colons.

i always use slang and stuff online (mainly on msn). its just quicker and more to the point. sometimes i dont have time to type proper english because 5 or more people are talking to me at once and im trying to do like 10 other things.

Back
Top Bottom